Friday, July 3, 2009

Typhoon season...all year round in Santa Monica, CA


It was a long week.  My boutique is still new.  Dave's job is brain straining.  By the time Friday rolls around, we need a fun place to have dinner where we can laugh about the week and fill up on something more than our Trader Joe's dinners that we enjoy during the week.  So off to Typhoon restaurant in Santa Monica we went this evening.  Typhoon is located on the grounds of the Santa Monica Airport with a view of the runway.  

I suddenly feel removed from the congestion of LA.  When I go there, I feel nostalgic for my years of being a military brat.  The Santa Monica airport is actually the former home of the Douglas Aircraft company, not an actual military base but still filled with history.  The name Typhoon reminds me of my adolescent years in Japan where I learned to use chopsticks and eat rice with something other than a fork.   

Seating is relatively easy and we seem to always get the Satay Shrimp, Garlic Rice (yummy!), Pad Thai, and Singha Beer (of course!)  




No comments:

Post a Comment